Friday, April 03, 2009

I got my plane ticket!!!

I leave for Ecuador on Monday, April 20th which is approaching rapidly! Hopefully I can get everything ready in the next couple of weeks without too many obstacles.

I am so excited to go back to El Recreo! There is a lot of work to do over the next couple months and it will definitely be a challenge, but I'm really looking forward to it. There are a few specific objectives for this trip:

  • Find out as much information as possible on the cost of education at the University of Guayaquil
  • Make contacts with other pastors from other churches in the Guayaquil area
  • Get really good photos, video, and interviews of prospective students which will help communicate the impact this project will have on this community in Ecuador
  • Administer the University Project program for the students currently involved

I'm so excited! I'll be sure to keep you updated on how everything's going. I plan to be there until the group from DFCC comes down for their summer mission trip, and I'll come back home with the group.

There have already been so many obstacles with this project, but God is so good and has been faithful in helping us move forward even with the difficulties. Please keep this project and this trip in your prayers. Your prayers are really appreciated! Also, buy Terra Nova: The Search! Everybody's doing it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Andrew C said...

Awesome!

11:09 PM  
Blogger Trento said...

Hey I'm coming home April 16th and flying back the 20th too. Will I get to see you?

11:37 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Wow. Now you're never gonna come over to our house and watch The Office. Great.

But seriously, thanks to God who gives opportunity and enthusiasm to the faithful. Keep it up.

11:51 AM  
Blogger The Lunaverse said...

Wow, I can't believe it happened so fast. I'm gonna miss you. God does amazing things. I hope I can see you before you go.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Lindsay Marie said...

How exciting!!

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home