Monday, January 05, 2009

Seriously...actual graphs. About Nascar.

I've been thinking lately about this whole blogging thing, the writing part and the reading part, and I've decided that one of the reasons I like it so much is because each of our blogging friends offers something unique and helpful to this little communityish thing we have going on here.

I don't know anything about the process of writing a novel, but some of you do and when you share your personal experiences I get a little glimpse into what that's like. I don't own any guns and I don't know the first thing about which camera to buy...but if I want to know about that, I have blogging friends who can help. When I visit your blogs, I can get information about Neti Pots and mud runs...I can learn how to modify nerf guns, I can see graphs about Nascar races....I can see art and photography...I can learn about travel, beer, swing dancing, mosaic art, Christmas decorations...I can get insights on Harry Potter, 80's movies, cheerleading, zombie attacks, and parenting. Seriously, the possibilities are endless...even frightening sometimes. haha

And what makes it so great is that anything I could possibly want information on, someone is bound to have experienced it. And it's not just something somebody wrote on the internet...it's information that's coming from people I know and trust. AND...it's not just information...a lot of what you write is insight...you share what you think about what's going on in your lives, and you share your opinions on politics and faith and education and your life-experiences. And maybe some of us need to hear those opinions and insights at exactly the moment you write about them, and you've done us all a lot of good by sharing what your thoughts are. And I'm so appreciative that all of you make your unique contributions because I get to (in a way) experience things through you that I might not have experienced otherwise. So I think that's all pretty neat.

Anyway, I got to thinking about what my unique contribution is...what could I write about that you might not have experienced or that you might find interesting? Well, maybe my next post will be about trying to start a non-profit organization or moving to a foreign country....or working at Chili's. I don't know yet. Anything in particular you want my perspective on? :-)

9 Comments:

Blogger Mike J. said...

Hey, to continue this graphs about Nascar. I can do that one better. I have a book that I just bought, "The Physics of Nascar." I'll probably read that after finishing my book on the World Cup of Hockey. I figure I need something to help me with my online racing!
What can you contribute? You already have. You give people a chance to see what you're doing. I've never been to a foreign country to do missionary work. I'd love to one day, maybe Japan, but it's not in the cards right now. You've let us into the life of a server and ingrained into me to not just order that Coke, but to interact with the servers more. I feel so bad when I just order the Coke. Thanks for the guilt trip and the things we learn about you and from you.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Andrew C said...

Our blogs can't compete with the profound personal experiences being shared through Facebook status updates and twitter. We should just give up now.

10:46 PM  
Blogger http://alberico.net said...

Good post, I enjoy reading blogs and status updates, good insight.

10:59 PM  
Blogger http://alberico.net said...

Yikes... sorry I guess I shouldn't enjoy reading status updates?

11:00 PM  
Blogger Trento said...

Don't worry Angelo, I consider myself a connoisseur of status updates.

And Amy, I agree, even though I tend to favor the reading side.

12:09 AM  
Blogger Padfoot240 said...

Glad my blog is doing some good in the world

2:40 PM  
Blogger Gudymente said...

that's ridiclously insightlful, as always. Much love from d-town

3:10 PM  
Blogger Mike J. said...

Who was it who had the Nascar graph? I'm too lazy to go back and look. I know he was following Joe Nemechek and Funiture Row Racing, what's he gonna do this year?

9:53 PM  
Blogger The Lunaverse said...

It's like our own personal internet on the internet.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home