Friday, August 04, 2006

God is good

Journal Entry #2

"Friday, August 4, 2006
4:20pm
Houston

Already, so much disaster; so much blessing. We (my parents and I) arrived to LAX only a couple hours before the flight. Waited in the ticketing line about an hour and a half. Finally, the unhelpful people behind the counter helped us (sort of). I was not allowed to check three bags. I couldn´t even opt to pay the fee for the third. It just wasn´t allowed. Only two. So the beautiful guitar I had acquired only yesterday, to give to the new church in Cuzco got left behind...as did all 15 packs of guitar strings, all my towels, my joy, and Kirk Cameron. It was so frantic! Nothing but a big, confusing mess. Mom and Dad had to take my two bags to the baggage security while I had to sprint to gate 60 in hopes that my plane hadn´t already taken off. I was shaking all over and crying by the time I got to the security line, believing I would not make my flight which was scheduled to leave in like seven minutes.

But God sent an angel. The man at the x-ray machine saw my fear and frustration and tears, and he just looked me in the eye and said, "God is good." I was shaking so much that I couldn´t even get my laptop back in the bag! He just walked over, opened the bag up so that I could put the computer in it, zipped the bag for me and gently handed me the laptop bag, my jacket and my backpack; all the while, saying, "God is good. Don´t be afraid. Jesus will get you on that plane." I believe angels still walk this earth every once in a while, and it would not surprise me if that´s who I encountered this morning.

I ran to the gate, tears streaming...I had been ripped off of a goodbye. I didn´t even get a second to hug my dad. There had been so much confusion and panic, that we just all ran in different directions in a rush.

When I got to the gate, the plane hadn´t even arrived yet. It took me the whole flight from LA to Houston to calm down.

How will I do this? Not even on a plane yet and I had let fear and worry overcome me. Well, I will not forget those words. "Don´t be afraid. God is good."

Yes He is. I think if I had not been put in that panic situation, I would not have heard those precious words from that man.

God, you are good. Thank you for allowing me to have just enough fear, so that I could see you better. Help me to trust you more.

Mom, Dad...I love you. I miss you already. I wish I had had time to really say that this morning."

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, B-G. That was an angel. Missed the hug, too. But, I'm already feeling the hug when you get back. That feels pretty good.

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your story made me well up. It reminded me of times God has let me make myself crazy so he could take the opportunity to remind me who he is.

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Ames. You know, sometimes God sends the challenges because we're too focused on ourselves to see that, as you say, Angels really do walk this earth. Just gentle reminders that we all need help at times, and it's okay to accept it. Can't wait to hear more stories. xox :o)

7:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sweet Amy Pan... God is so good. I'm sitting here crying as I imagine your frustration, pain, and every other yucky feeling you must've had passing thru that security gate. What an amazing God we have. For Him to have sent that angel into LAX security just for you is so wonderful and amazing of him.
"Blessed be the Name of the Lord..."
I love you so much Pan... I will be keeping tabs on you as God rips your heart out in Peru and changes it into His image. I promise to be praying you thru this chapter of your life. And we will be here for you when you return a changed woman of God. Love with all my heart and tears, Sarah Blake and the Blake boys....

10:42 AM  
Blogger Padfoot240 said...

Dang, That's craxy!!

Hahahahahahah, dadley.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Trento said...

Amy, Im so happy for you. Its really amazing how God watches over you like that. All of us like that. Im excited be able toshare in your experiences. Im looking forward to hearing about Alvaro, Ula, Judy, Karla, Ksenija, Alex, Sylvia and everyone else from Peru. This makes me look forward that much more until the next oppurtunity I get to go ona missions trip. The Best is yet to come.

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home