Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Wish me luck...

Today, I have decided, is Cleaning Day. I have a tendency to save things. Things that there is absolutely no way I will ever use or want again. I don't know why I do it. I just have a really hard time throwing things away. What is that about, anyway? I mean is that sort of behavior genetic or is it my own fault? Anyway, I feel it's time to conquer my fear of the letting go of these many pieces of junk that have found a home in my room for so long. It will be tough, but I'm going to do it. Right now.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Morrison said...

It's genetic, but there is hope. I have consolidated the memories of my life into one box, and it is a refreshing feeling. But for years, I kept everything, and have paid way too much in storage facility bills. You'll be happier for it when you're done.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Kevin Morrison said...

Hows it comin?

11:34 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

well...it's coming along slowly, but i did manage to fill three big trash bags full of clothes that i don't wear anymore but didn't have the heart to get rid of before. so that's progress. the clothes are the easy part though. now i'm going to move on to the cupboards above the closet, and those cupboards contain the memories. we'll see how i do...

3:42 PM  
Blogger Padfoot240 said...

Come on everbody...throw away the trash....

Yea, same here. But there is no way in hell that I'm throwing away any of my Zelda shirts.

I'm a nerd, I know.

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ames - here are my rules (for home and office) ... 1) if I didn't remember I had it (not in general, but specifically), I pitch it;
2) if I remembered I had it but knew I couldn't put my fingers on it in less than a minute, I either organize it or pitch it; 3) if it's something I wouldn't move to a new home, I pitch it (got rid of tons of stuff in the last move).

7:53 AM  
Blogger kmpolacek said...

A must read: Making Peace with the Things in Your Life

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home