Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Leaving on a Jet Plane...


...Be back again November 3rd.

Here I go! I'm off to Cuzco, Peru this Friday morning to spend the next three months doing whatever I am able to do to share Jesus with people who need Him. I still don't know exactly what to expect, since I have never gone on a mission trip alone before...or for quite so long. I have some fears...travelling alone makes me a little nervous. What if I miss a connecting flight? What if I can't find my luggage? What if i get a seat on a flight or two right next to someone who is super smelly? (It happens) And I'm also afraid of being homesick. And being regular sick. And of big, gross bugs. What if, what if, what if... I worry about a lot of things.

But in the midst of that worry, I am confident that God will give me exactly what I need in order to serve Him best, and if I need to get homesick to serve Him, then so be it. If I have to sit next to the smelly guy on the plane and miss my connecting flight and have to buy all new clothes because my bags never actually got on the plane at LAX...then amen. And God will use those things to do His will if I am willing to follow Him into His will with a joyful heart.

It will be an adventure, and I am excited about that. I don't have any adventure shoes, like Trevor does, but I think I'll be okay without them. I am really excited to see my friends, Tracie and Ricky again. Ricky and Tracie Olivares are the missionaries I will be working and living with. They started this church back in February of this year and they both have so much passion for sharing the gospel! I hope that I can add to that passion for Christ that already radiates from within them and their household. I hope God will use me to encourage and minister them just as He will use them to teach and minister to me. (That's them at Machu Picchu-maybe one of the most beautiful places in the world...where I will hopefully get to go within the next month or two!)

I will do my best to keep you updated about what's happening in Cuzco over the next few months. I hope I can share my experiences with you and I hope you will feel like you are a part of them. You faithful friends, who read these words of mine, have no idea how much you encourage me. Thank you for your support and your love! You will definitely be with me in Peru!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Padfoot240 said...

Don't forget, if things get hair...

Just summon a unicorn!

Or an Eagle Scout or two.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Amiga, estoy orando por ti. Hoy es un día muy triste para mí, pero sé que Dios hará mucho en este tiempo.

By the way, how was your Scrubs marathon?

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home