Monday, July 10, 2006

just a little note to say...

the Ecuador airport in Guayaquil has got The Wireless.


This is Liliana. She's eight. I love her.


Most of the kids don't speak very clearly (because kids don't speak clearly in any language) and so it's hardest to understand the kids. and when you tell them to repeat something, they just say it again faster and weirder. The first time Liliana said something I didn't understand I told her that i'm still learning spanish and it's difficult for me to understand and could she please speak a little slower for me. From that moment on every single word she said to me was slow and clear. She was a sweetheart. I was able to print out this picture while we were in Guayaquil on Wednesday and I gave it to her. Last night at the church service, she came in and gave me a picture of herself from her birthday party last year. I almost cried. Her whole family was great. I went this morning to leave a note for her and her brothers since they were in school and I wouldn't be able to see them. Their mom invited me in when I gave her the note and I spent half an hour talking with their mom and dad. I feel really blessed. I hope that God will bring me back here again.

These are her brothers, Pablo on the left and Junior on the right. I can't even begin to explain how awesome it was to spend this time in Ecuador. I have been encouraged so much by the people in this church in El Recreo. They are a real blessing to me. Pablo was the same way that Liliana was. He always spoke very clearly to me so that I could understand him. and anytime someone came up and said something too quickly, he would hit them and say, "You have to speak SLOWLY!!!!" I made a lot of good friends this year and grew in friendships from last year too. It was awesome.
















We also spent a little bit of time mocking the history and heritage of the people.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home