Thursday, August 23, 2007

It's almost payday.

Lots of good things...

I had planned to move all my things into storage in Bakersfield since it's half the cost to store things out there than what it is here. Well, my mom shared with her small group that that's what I was going to do and a man in her small group said, "don't bother with renting a storage unit...I've got a huge warehouse at work and she can store her things there." wow. and my mom said, "well, she's got almost a whole apartment's worth of stuff. it's a lot." and he said, "it's a huge warehouse." wow. and she said, "well, but she'll need to store her things for at least a year and a half, maybe longer." and he said, "just let me know when you're coming by with all her stuff." wow.

The nice man's name is Reed Adamson and he and his brother are the owners of Adamson Electric in Bakersfield. So after finishing up at Morongo Sunday night, I drove out to Bakersfield and on Monday we took all my stuff over to Adamson Electric on Unicorn Rd. (I'm not making that up) and unloaded it into the huge warehouse. Turns out he does have a huge warehouse...and there are other people who store their stuff there as well. What a generous guy. And I don't know if he has any idea how much of a blessing this is to me to not have to worry about paying to store my things. But what I do know is that he had never even met me before this Monday, and before he met me he offered his warehouse so that I could store my things without having to worry about the cost. That's the love of God.

here's what else is awesome (at least Jason will appreciate this, I'm sure...maybe niall too.) These are the nearest cross-streets to Adamson Electric:
So...that's that. I came back to Downey and moved the rest of my things into my Aunt, Debbie's house. So for the next month or so I will be living with my Aunt, Debbie, my Cousin, Chrystal, and Chrystal's son, Jacob. Paddy had gone with me maybe a month ago to move my bed in over there since I wouldn't need my bed out at Morongo...and when we moved it into the garage (my new room), there wasn't really anything in there, just the washer/dryer, some carpet, and a few cabinets, which believe me, was totally fine. I have no trouble with unfamiliar living-conditions. So when I got there yesterday and Debbie gave me the little "just so you know where everything is" tour, she took me into my room and I saw that while I was away at Morongo, she had brought in a little coffee table for me, complete with coasters, smelly candle, lace doily and a clock. And she had also brought in a rug to sit on top of the carpet, a chair, a fan and a tv. She even hung a couple shower curtains so that I can have some privacy even when the door is open (they recommend leaving the door open so it won't get hot in there). Anyway, the point is, she hooked me up. And that's awesome. I've got great family. I'm looking forward to getting to know some of them a little bit better over the next few weeks.

5 Comments:

Blogger Trento said...

I see you found the wireless. Awesome, where did you end up going?

Its great how God blesses up in random ways.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

i didn't find The Wireless. I just went to church. :-(

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm forwarding your blog site to Reed. He is an awesome brother. He will be tickled to know how tickled you are.

10:47 PM  
Blogger Cory said...

God truly blessed you there Amy. I think the ever watchful eye of the avenging Unicorn was on your little situation too. Well you don't need to worry about your stuff now =D

11:46 PM  
Blogger Team Parks: Jason and Kristin said...

That totally made my day!!!

So, you coming to Boulder?
I think you should.
jason

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home