Friday, August 17, 2007

they really were drinking on the job. not making it up.

This week was the actual opening of the store. We opened on Tuesday and business has been just a little bit slow. Some genius forgot to take care of all the billboards on the highway that say "Ruby's Diner Coming Soon" and change them to "Now Open" so...that's helpful. Otherwise it's been decent. There was a big ribbon-cutting ceremony Wednesday. Ruby was there. She climbed up onto the motorcycle that's on display in the dining room (sort of like how Chris Luna always asks if he can climb in the bumper car on display at the Fullerton Ruby's...only she didn't ask anyone if she could...she's Ruby...she just did it).

And today...today was interesting. I woke up at about 8:30, reluctantly took a cold shower (more on that later), got ready for work and walked out the door at about 10:00. At about 10:20, after driving by the giant dinosaurs


I realized that my 10:30 shift today was actually an 11:30 shift...so I drove straight past Ruby's onto the Outlet Stores (the ones with the great sales). I found a jacket at the Adidas store that I wanted


but since I still had about 45 minutes to spare, I left it on the rack and went to walk around the rest of the mall to see if there was anything that I wanted more instead for my money. I didn't find anything, but I did walk past the poor semi-truck driver that must have felt like a total idiot after having caused this:


I walked around a while, went back and bought the jacket, got a cafe vanilla frappuccino and went to work.

I really thought I could write more tonight than I just did. I am about to pass out from exhaustion. Tomorrow's post will include the hot water heater saga at the Palm Springs Ramada, complete with quotes from Loser Front Desk Attendant Creep, and how all my bosses got hammered before noon at the Ruby's bar today.

Are you curious? Was that too much of a tease?

I don't care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home