Tuesday, August 14, 2007

hotel: the presence of all smells

you know how all people have like their own smell? not like a bad smell or anything but just a smell. like, "this shirt smells like denise" or "it smells like the martins' house in here."

and do you ever notice that all hotel rooms smell the same? no matter what hotel room you're in, it distinctly smells like hotel?

do you ever wonder if the hotel room smell is just a combination of the smells of all the people that have lived in it? sort of how if you put all the colors in the color wheel together you'd always end up with brown?

just a thought that came to me when i walked into my hotel room yesterday.

2 Comments:

Blogger Trento said...

The hotel I'm at in Portland right now smells like pet store. But just the halls, the rooms smell the same. I know what you mean. Staying at a new hotel each night, I've come to the conslusion that its the scratchy bedcovers

5:42 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

I think that smell must be a combination of cigarette smoke, commercial cleaning products, and the scent of existential loneliness of hundreds of American Business Travelers.

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home