Sunday, August 12, 2007

Idea #1: Text Messaging

Me: Hey Paddy. What are you doing?
Paddy: I'm at pierced, hanging.
Me: Neat. How is it?
Paddy: Fun, I brought Dan Kim and Cory.
Me: Cool.
Paddy: What's up with you?
Me: I'm at a boring meeting. I really would rather be in my hotel watching Law & Order or something.
Paddy: Awww, I'm sorry. You should try to make the meeting more Law & Order like
Me: So like every time the manager moves on to the next topic I should make that "don don" sound effect?
Paddy: Yeah. Maybe kill some people. Ask some interrogating questions to your inferiors.
Me: Maybe I could combine that with putting my sunglasses on before saying anything and talking in a slow, deep, raspy voice since I like CSI: Miami too.
Paddy: Hahaha! Yeah!


Any other ideas on how to make work meetings more fun and/or interesting?

8 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Yeah, do the Law and Order "Extra Dance." You can tell a character is an extra because they will be continually moving while answering questions. Every time someone asks you a question, just start doing something that takes a lot of energy continually the whole time you answer.

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Extras get dialogue?

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when someone is talking to you flare your nostrils at them, works every time.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Padfoot240 said...

I still say you should kill some people.






At least one!

12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We play "Bullshit Bingo". Fill out a Bingo card with useless, overused business terms ("reach out", "synergy", "socialize it" ... I'm sure there are some specific to your Ruby's gig). Anytime someone uses one of the terms, mark your card. When you have a row filled, shout "Bullshit!". Really livens up a meeting.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Julie's idea wins! hahahaha!

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I win???? WHOO HOO!!! I'm on a conference call right now and have a pretty good game going. I just need one more "I'll take that as an action" (which effectively means "I'll scribble something on paper and then do nothing") to shout it out.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

We played BS Bingo once at seminary. The person who won didn't have the guts to yell it though. For some reason.

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home