Friday, August 17, 2007

the hot water is on now.

Alright...I got off work a little earlier tonight, so let's see how far I get on this post before my eyelids get too heavy.

So...what day is it? Anyway, Monday I get a knock on my hotel room door and it's a guy with a letter in his hand. The letter says that on Tuesday they are replacing the water heater in building A and that they are so sorry for the inconvenience and that if I would like to change rooms they would be more than happy to accommodate me. So I thought for about a second and a half about changing rooms but since I'm way too lazy to pack up all my stuff and since the letter also said it would only take one day, two at the most...I decided to suck it up and take cold showers for a day or two. The problem is, that it took four days, not one or two. So last night I come home from work, exhausted and in need of a good shower, thinking, "alright...it's been three days...maybe they'll have the hot water on by now." nope. so i went to the front desk to say, "hey...where is the hot water you jerks?" and when i walked in to the lobby, i made eye contact with the Loser Front Desk Attendant Creep who was on the phone and I waited. When he got off the phone, the conversation went something like this:

Me: Hi, do you have any idea when there will be hot water in building A?
LFDAC: Hey girl...nah, the morning shift didn't tell me nothin' today.
Me: Ok...uhh...is there someone here who knows when there will be hot water?
LFDAC: so...you stayin' here alone? nah, you ain't old enough to be stayin' here alone. you 18 girl?
Me: Yes. I've been here for two weeks. I'm in building A. There's no hot water there. I really want to know when there will be.
LFDAC: Damn girl, I should card you.
Me: Nope. You should fix the hot water heater.

I'm curious to know...is "hot water" some kind of euphemism I'm unaware of? was I begging him to hit on me? I hate the Ramada.

Alright...moving on. So yesterday I get to work at about what...11:30? yeah. I walk in and see our district manager, training supervisor, food quality director, director of operations, and 2 or three store managers sitting at the bar (yes, we have a bar at ruby's morongo...did i tell you?) and they're talking about all the drinks that ruby's is going to offer once they get a full liquor license in 60 days. So I walk away, to the other side of the dining room, out of sight of the bar, and i watch my station, supervising my servers for the lunch rush. at about 1:30 I walk back to the other dining room where the bar is, and I see them all sitting at the bar, red-faced and looking terrible...and they're passing around a seabreeze, all taking a drink, saying things like, "oh yeah this one's way better" and "yeah, it just needed less....whatever ingredient" (i don't actually know what ingredient they said...i don't know what goes in a seabreeze. but you get the idea). i did not know that when they were discussing all the recipes at 11:30 they were actually preparing to create all the recipes and test them. i guess somebody had to do it. So I say, "hey Edward (my boss)...you okay?" and he slurs, "oh yeah...i'm fine. i only had a sip of each drink." "oh? how many drinks did you boys make today?" "maybe ffforty." "ok Edward...why don't you order some lunch or something?" "yeah...ok"

good times. no. scratch that...great times.

4 Comments:

Blogger Trento said...

LFDAC is a big douche creep. Glad you finally got some hot water.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Need Ryan to come bodyguard? What a creep!

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, Ames ... welcome to the joys of business travel. Now a SEASONED business traveler (like your auntie Jules) would have turned that whole "no hot water" episode into something that resembled free meals at fine restaurants, future free travel, or CASH. At minimum, a room upgrade to one with, perhaps, running water AND electricity (it IS a Ramada, after all). NOT roome service though. Sounds like LFDAC would have opted for that. Amy, Amy, Amy ... I'm disappointed.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

First things first. The customer service number at Ramada is 1-800-828-6644. I'd just leave them a message letting them know you'll call back with more information about an inappropriate, male front desk employee just as soon as you finish talking to your lawyer about filing sexual harassment charges.

Secondly, next time he tries to start a sentence with "Girrrrrl..." just interrupt him with the old "AGiantDouchebagSaysWhat?" routine. Make me proud Amy.

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home