Thursday, March 09, 2006

Your arm's off!


i have been lying in bed for an hour, with my eyes closed, and i can not get to sleep! my mind is racing!!!! this is not an unusual occurrence. any suggestions for how i might be able to relax and fall asleep more quickly?

also, i got stabbed to death today during my stage combat midterm. that was pretty fun. when we get back from spring break, we start learning how to fight with broad swords. i really think certain people in my class are going to injure themselves and/or others very seriously at some point in the next six weeks.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Morrison said...

go get one of dad's "Readers Digest Abridged Classics" books from the study. And then to save time, just crack yourself on the head with it. You'll be out like a light. Or you could try reading them, too.

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two solutions I use with clients.

1. If you can't sleep after resting for 10 minutes or so, get up and do something distracting but relaxing--i.e. read--somewhere else besides bed. Do that for 10-15 mins. then try sleeping again. This is so you don't condition yourself to associate periods of wakefulness with the bed/bedroom.

2. Lay awake in the dark keep your eyes wide open and say--I'm not sleepy, I'm not going to sleep, I'm not going to fall asleep. Reverse hypnotism. This is my favorite one, and I'm an inveterate insomniac.

3. Never try counting sheep. Unless you really like sheep. Maybe try ferrets instead.

10:10 PM  
Blogger Kevin Morrison said...

Since they are the reason I am up anyway, sometimes I just fantasize about shooting my neighbor's dogs. Then I am happy.

I guess I have crossed a line in life, now that my most common fantasy is shooting my neighbor's dog.

11:26 PM  
Blogger Padfoot240 said...

I put on a recording of music or a talk show i have on my laptop. I find falling asleep in silence harder than when something is going on around me that I can ignore.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Padfoot240 said...

You can't ignore something if there is nothing there. Can you?

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home