Friday, February 10, 2006

i was being really careful not to mess up the polish too. i don't understand what happened.

i've been home from work for three hours and i just noticed the dried ketchup all over my arm. is that sick or what? that's the perfect end to the perfect day. i don't think anything went right today. it was just one of those days. i was awakened (sort of) half an hour before my alarm was set to go off by a phone call from one of my co-workers begging me to take her shift tonight. she told me the whole story about how she went to wherever last night and ordered the whatever that made her wake up in the middle of the night throwing up and how she's feeling so awful and no one will cover her shift. how could i say no? so i agreed (because i was partly still asleep) and then couldn't go back to sleep because mom kept coming in my room asking questions about my school schedule...so i lost half an hour of sleep (which is a HUGE loss for me...for any morrison, really)...and i picked up a shift i didn't want. i finally get a second to sleep when mom left for work, and my alarm goes off, so i hop in the shower, where much of my pretty nail polish (including the tiny jewel glued on my left ring fingernail) that was done only the night before flakes off. i don't know why it would do that. it's not like i was scrubbing my hands with anything abrasive, you know? just soap and water. this disappoints me a lot, actually. and so i think, "you know what could make me feel better? a breakfast burrito" i get to the kitchen...no tortillas. "oh well," i think, "better leave for school now anyway...can't be late for directing class." i get in my car and half way down suva, the gas light blinks on. so i go get gas, and make it to class 15 minutes after she's started the discussion. and, something between my bedroom and Smith 101 at Vanguard has caused me to have an allergic reaction, so my nose, by this time, is running uncontrollably, and my eyes are all itchy and puffed up. and i couldn't get up and walk out of the classroom to get some kleenex, because she had already given me one of those looks when i walked in the room late. so i just kept sniffling. i went to my CAD class, where i couldn't attatch the file containing my homework that was due to the e-mail to send to my prof....and the tiny jewel on my right ring finger came off in there. i drove to warren after that, where three girls were prepared to swim. so i ran practice for three girls. that was the point at which the uncontrollable sneezing began. that was fun. then i watched a bit of the girls' polo game at downey. then i drove to work where i made, count it, 36 dollars. and then i got ketchup all over my arm without noticing.

thanks for reading. i hope tomorrow is a better day. i think it will be, 'cause i'm going to the PBR. i have brand new boots and a brand new belt, complete with belt buckle. Charlie let me go through his buckle collection to borrow one for tomorrow, and the one i picked, he said i could keep. that was pretty nice.

i'm starting to feel a little dizzy...i think the benadryl is kicking in. i'd better go put my laundry in the dryer and then get back to bed before i pass out somewhere.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Morrison said...

It all goes back to the sleep deprivation. If I don't get 12 hours or sleep a night, I am screwed. (I've been screwed for about 30 years now)

7:44 AM  
Blogger Padfoot240 said...

Have fun at the PBR

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home