Friday, November 25, 2005

The Great American Log-Off: A week of Doober.

so here's what happened...i participated in the "Great American Log-Off" last week. (Ok, I know there were only four of us...but I think it could be a great American thing someday...if we market it correctly, right nathan? hey, remember your plan about advertising an all-carb diet, and people would go for that too, as long as you did it right?) Well, here's the up-side. I wasn't stuck in a chair for hours on end all week, doing mindless things like playing tetris and repeatedly checking blogs to see if anyone had updated within the last ten minutes. Instead, I went out, I saw movies, I did homework, I read a little, I practiced my spanish more (I talked on the phone with my boyfriend for the first time...although, I wouldn't really consider that practicing spanish. It was more like he'd say something and I'd say, "que?" a couple times before I got it and tried my best to answer. A little discouraging, but I'm glad that I did it.) I hung out with the cuz and the bro 'n fam. Saw some sweet accordian-playing. Ate a lot of good food. It was great. But it was about $40 more expensive than a normal week for me. So, I guess it's a toss-up. If I'm sitting in front of a computer all the time getting dumber, then I'm saving money. If I'm out, being active, treating my mind to new things, then I'm out 40 bucks a week. I guess there's a compromise in there somewhere, but I'm hungry, so I'm gonna go get something to eat instead of work it out. Hey, you know what the funny part is? I don't even really like tetris.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Morrison said...

You're on to something.... the marketing thing. We could get financial backing for marketing from movie theaters, malls, publishers an Mother Nature, becasue they all stand to profit from a much larger version of the Great American Log Off. Then we can take our cut of the financial backing (I say about 93%) and buy an island or something. Of course we would then have to install DSL or something on the Island so that we can participate in the log off, and then of course, not.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Kevin Morrison said...

I apologize for my poor typing in that last post. I was more concerned with the girl next to me in typing class.

12:03 PM  
Blogger media39 said...

Tetris high score 2,358,920.

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home