Wednesday, November 09, 2005

"My name is Doober," he replied, "for we are many." Mark 5:9

"To me, the Iliad offers more insight into human character and lessons than the Bible. You know, like Jesus was angry a lot. When he turned all those people into pigs and made them run off a mountain, it was so hateful, not just to people but to pigs. I felt upset for the pigs!"

Julia Sweeny (pat from SNL) said this in an interview entitled "Finding My Religion: Julia Sweeny talks about how she became an atheist"

This is the entire interview if you're interested

I don't really recommend reading it because it will just frustrate you and there's nothing you can do about it except for sit back and know that someday she will discover how terribly wrong she has been. (hopefully she will discover that
before she dies and is greeted by the voices of the legion saying, "you idiot! there was only one person involved, and he's fine. we were the ones who jumped off the mountain.")

I just don't get why dumb people get publicity. She makes such a big deal about having spent a lot of time looking into it and researching her beliefs. Yeah, Julia...
clearly you did.

2 Comments:

Blogger Padfoot240 said...

Lol, the best part is when I was reading it we were talking about Arnold and when you said "You idiot!" like the demons saying that, I read it like Arnold would say it. Hahahaha.

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy, remind me to tell you the story about the communion cocktail weenie...

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home