Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Anything feels possible now...

Well, I guess when you don't post for seven months, you have to face not only your guilt and shame but also several design changes on blogger.....  I should avoid lengthy inconsistency in the future.

I've been thinking for a while now that I want to start blogging again...but I just haven't been able to think of anything worth sharing.  So I decided to forget about trying to think of something worth sharing and just share whatever.

So this is what I've got:

We were invited to go to the Magic Castle next week for a friend's birthday.  Well, the Magic Castle is a classy kind of place where you need to be wearing a coat and tie to get in.  (Not me...I'm a girl.)  Ismael doesn't own a coat OR a tie, and the last time he borrowed a tie from my dad, he chose the brown 1984 Olympics tie with the Sam the Olympic Eagle embroidered on it


...so...I've got nothing against Sam...or the 1984 Olympics.....it was fun that he wore that one once....I mean, you get me, right?

Ok, so we ventured into Kohl's tonight to look for a coat and tie for Ismael.  (What?  Isn't that where EVERYONE gets their suits?)  Found something that fits nice, looks good, and was 50% off.  Jacket, pants, shirt, tie (black...classy).  So he found the clothes that he's going to wear to the Magic Castle, and I found some clothes that I'm going to wear to the Magic Castle and we went to the register.

The guy at the register next to the one we were at looks over at us and says, "Gettin' all ready for the prom, huh?  We've had a lot of you kids coming in here today!"



Yep.  Gettin' all ready for the prom.


:-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

I saw dozens of kids on their way to prom at Downtown
Disney last night. Unless you were buying a backless, boob-flaunting, neon colored number, you were NOT getting ready for prom. Kids these days.

And, hey, at least he didn't ask if you were getting ready to chaperone your kids' prom.

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home