Saturday, January 19, 2008

it's not so bad

james says we should consider it pure joy whenever we face trials of many kinds (james 1:2). he probably knows what he's talking about, considering he lived in a time and a place when being a cristian was pretty scandalous, and on the rise to becoming the most offensive crime. but even though not all of us will be killed or even ridiculed for our faith, i guess james is talking about any kind of trial...even the situations that are only mildly frustrating. because even those situations can develop perseverance and maturity in a person. james also says that if we lack wisdom, we should ask for it. and that when we ask, we should believe and not doubt, and the Lord will give us wisdom because He gives generously to everyone without finding fault (james 1:5-6).

you know, i can recall not too long ago asking for wisdom. it's funny how silly i am. i guess somewhere in my mind, i thought the wisdom would just appear in my brain and my heart. that i wouldn't have to experience anything to gain it. but isn't that what wisdom is? the accumulated knowledge and insight we have as a result of what we've gone through and learned? or what we've seen other people go through?

so...as opposed to being a downer, i'm just going to be joyful, keep going, and look forward to the wisdom i will have gained from this experience in the end.

also...my birthday was awesome. i went to be with my family and i spent a couple days at my mom and dad's house. my mom made awesome food, my family gave me awesome gifts (thanks for the good advice you gave my mom, andrew). layton and holly picked out the cards they wanted to give me, which was also awesome. did you guys know layton is reading at almost a 3rd grade level? he's in kindergarten! olivia is standing up and moving around and discovering all kinds of new things. and holly...holly is super fun to hang out with. she's so smart.

anyway, now i'm 26.

3 Comments:

Blogger Padfoot240 said...

I-pod!!

1:27 PM  
Blogger Loafy said...

AMY GOT AN IPOD!!!

and my guess as to one reason why Layton is so smart is the goggles... i mean come on, Paddy wore them and so did Layton

i'm just saying...
haha

2:42 AM  
Blogger Lindsay Marie said...

Remember your 18th birthday party? I do. Wow, good memories.

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home