Thursday, August 05, 2010

So proud of my dog!


Well, after a long, tearful goodbye in the Guayaquil airport, a long, long series of uncomfortable flights, and a long, terrible stop in Atlanta (terrible! awful! worse than Lima!!!!), we made it to L.A! YAY! First meal: In-N-Out...Ismael's first experience with pouring his own drink at the soda fountain ("I can put as much ice in the cup as I want?".....yeah, but first taste the different sodas to see which one you like better....."you can DO that??".....yes, and you can come back and refill the cup when it's empty if you want...."oh my"). He went with the Dr. Pepper. (First time drinking Dr. Pepper!) The double-double was incredible. He's still impressed, and that was a week ago. Zachary James (Ryan Morrison's baby) had one too.

We spent the day Thursday getting some shopping done. Ismael needed a swimsuit for the pool my parents have up in the backyard for the summer. We finished registering at Bed Bath and Beyond. He had never ever seen a pillow backrest before. He got very excited about it. Very excited. This explains the pillow backrest on our registry.

Went to meet with the videographer and then to my friend, Sally's wedding on Friday, went swimming, had a barbecue, learned how to play baseball with the nieces and nephews on Saturday, church on Sunday, and then had a fun time with Niall, Tyler and Liam who came up to visit Sunday and Monday. I beat everyone at scrabble and my dog pooped on Niall...so overall it was a really great weekend.

Niall took a ton of really awesome pictures of us which I am sooo excited about. His photography skills are very impressive! Niallmccarthy.net, people. Check him out! Check out more pictures of us on the niallmccarthy.net blog.

2 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Amy, you run the best blog ever, and the pictures are awesomeness. You guys look like models in the bottom shot. And the joy is continually apparent on I's face. I wish I could watch someone try In-N-Out for the first time!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Welcome home!!! Hope to see you soon!!!

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home